- A Youth joins the Annual RMLA Youth Awards Program(YAP) by paying the $25 membership fee by the April 15th, . You may join or renew any time after Jan. 1 to be a member to April 1 of the following year.
To join RMLA, please go here.
- A new youth member between will need to pay for their membership prior to acquiring points for the current program.
- Youth are divided into 3 age groups; Junior 8-11, Intermediate 12-14 and Seniors 15-17. Your age as of January 1st, determines which group you will be in for the year.
- Youth do not need to be a member of a show organization or 4H extension to join. Youth do not have to own an animal, borrowing and being a guest or family member with others is fine.
- An activity points chart has been created to explain the activities that will allow a youth to earn points throughout the year. The chart below will accumulate points for your activities. The committee will decide any exceptions to the listed activities.
- Activities must be reported within 14 days of the event.
AWARDS will be given out at the beginning of the next calendar year.
- Overall High Point – The Youth with the most points in all ages regardless of age division.
- High Point and Reserve High Point given in each age division.
- Prizes will be determined by the Youth Committee and funds available
Activities will need to be reported by the Youth to the Chair: Marshal Rutledge
A confirmation email of your selections and entries will be sent to the email you enter in your report.
CHAIR: Marshal Rutledge RMLA Youth 2948 N.W. First Lincoln NE 68521
- Activity reports are due 14 days from the date of the event, after that date your participation will not be counted.
- Please use the Youth's Name consistently in reporting (i.e. Luke or Lucas; Liz or Elizabeth)
- A full description of the activity will help the committee to understand the event you participated in and if the points you selected are the approprate bhow many points should be awarded. Don't leave us guessing.
The RMLA Youth Committee reserves the right to all final decisions on amount of points awarded to youth based on the reporting and information received. The Committee will not give out youth information and will not give out updates of points earned. This is up to the youth to keep track of their own information throughout the year. Good Luck and have fun with your animals in .
- Please keep your email, phone and address information updated to receive YAP news and bulletins. (Send email or address changes to RMLA Membership chair with CC to Marshal Rutledge)